"Jeopardy" game part of Black History Month at Kent Campus
Know who Harriet Tubman, the Buffalo Soldiers, Booker T. Washington and the Tuscaloosa Airmen were? Test your knowledge and trivia factoids about Black History when "Jeopardy" comes to Kent Campus. The game show is open to all students and faculty, who can sign up on game day, Tuesday, Feb. 22. The "show" runs from 11 a.m. until noon on the G Stage in G Building. The "Jeopardy" game format was put together by the organizer of student events on Kent Campus, Shaqurria Henry, along with the SGA. Henry said she wanted help students learn more about Black History while at the same time have fun and compete. Incorporating facts and questions about Black History and allowing students to form groups to compete against eachother will not only unite students but also offer a different outlet besides in the class room.
"The more students the merrier the event will be. We need students to take part for this event to be successful," said Ms. Henry. All students from all campuses are welcome to join for a little trivia fun.
Students who make teams can expect three rounds of questions coming strictly from the Black History background, with each group going head-to-head until the final round when a champion will be named. Prizes will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
Mark your calendars for Feb.22, at 11 a.m., and put on your thinking caps - "Who was Guion S. Bluford Jr.?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Florida State College News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE NEWS
- Casting announced for Green Day's "American Idiot"
- Catch the dream: Dreamgirls comes to Jax
- Artist Series Presents: Celtic Woman
- Rock of Ages missed mark with best shot
- Maroon 5 could only stay for one more night
- Lee and Cast do wonderful job in A Chorus Line
- Pirates put on a show despite technical difficulties
RECENT FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care