FSCJ adds healthy products to new vending machines
It's hard to eat healthy these days, isn't it? Being a full-time student with a full-time job doesn't allow for much time to cook a balanced meal every day.
Breakfast, for most college students, is usually the quickest thing they can make each morning or maybe leftovers from last night's dinner. Lunch is usually whatever junk food they can throw inside a book bag or grab when they're walking out the door. In many cases, it's whatever is in the vending machines on the way to class. It's a simple fact known to hard-working college students everywhere that the five extra minutes it takes to put something healthy to eat together can better be used to study or sleep. And isn't studying, getting enough sleep and getting good grades what college is all about?
Thankfully, FSCJ has now made eating healthier a little bit easier. The old vending machines that ate your dollars and didn't accept your credit cards has been recently replaced with a brand new ones. These fancy new apparatuses are much easier to navigate than their old counterparts. When choosing what you want, it is frankly quicker and easier with the now-giant keypad. An "Okay" button has also been added, so when you're done picking out your selections, the machine knows you're all finished. And on top of all these lovely new-fangled features, the mixture of healthy choices is a very nice addition.
While you can still get a pack of Skittles if you're desperately in need of a sugar high or a bag of Sour Cream and Onion chips because they're your absolute favorite, you can now also grab a healthy Fiber One bar or a bag of 100-calorie hummus chips. There are also granola bars, sun chips, white cheddar popcorn, pretzels, Welch's fruit snacks, salted peanuts and more to choose from.
The wholesome choices in these new contraptions are also easier to pick out. Each healthy item has a white and green banner with black words that reads "Choice Plus." These banners are very eye-catching, so even in a hurry it's easy to know what's good for you and what's not.
So, next time you're in a rush and running out the door with nothing to eat, don't panic too much. Yes, eating breakfast is the right choice because a healthy start is a good way to begin your morning. In the event that you do forget though, rest easy in knowing FSCJ has something good for you to choose from. Of course, the bad-for-you things are still there to tempt you but hopefully we'll all make the healthier pick.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Florida State College News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE NEWS
- Casting announced for Green Day's "American Idiot"
- Catch the dream: Dreamgirls comes to Jax
- Artist Series Presents: Celtic Woman
- Rock of Ages missed mark with best shot
- Maroon 5 could only stay for one more night
- Lee and Cast do wonderful job in A Chorus Line
- Pirates put on a show despite technical difficulties
RECENT FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...